Belfast - Tall Ships 2009

dagnammit 21:03 12 Aug 09

click here

Who's going?

I'm really looking forward to it over the next few days.

Al94 21:44 12 Aug 09

Im not. My better half has just had a hip replacement so not an option for her. I've sailed tall ships a few times in the past and was in Waterford in 2005 which was very spectacular. Hopefully back there in 2011 when they return click here

Jim Thing 22:29 12 Aug 09

I'll be there. Wouldn't miss it! My son sent me some terrific photos of the Tall Ships in Halifax, Nova Scotia and I'm looking forward to returning the favour.

Al94 09:19 13 Aug 09

Good site to track ship movement click here

egapup 10:22 13 Aug 09

My daughter has just returned from the tall ship race which started in Finland, she had a great time.

Chegs ®™ 11:54 13 Aug 09

It was our Maritime Festival at the weekend.Nowhere near as many ships as seems to be there in Ireland,but extremely popular with locals and international visitors alike.click here

dagnammit 20:50 13 Aug 09

The queues where massive to tour the ships but had a good look around them all. Some amazing feats of craftmanship I can tell you.

The market stalls were a plenty and a huge choice of drinks, food and commodities from around the world to splash the cash on. Fairground amusements too.

Great day was had and despite the ships being free I still managed to spend £70 and lose a crisp £20 note somewhere :( but the day was good and we all enjoyed it.

Stuartli 23:30 13 Aug 09

The Tall Ships have always attracted vast crowds whenever they have been in Liverpool.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009