Been away for a few days

spikeychris 19:52 25 Aug 04

and the reason why, I had a massive system crash after a reformat. I formatted my server and PC's and set aside 12 hours of my life to bring them back. I had backed up and took screen shots and used Acronis True Image Server 8.0 as well as True image for PC's

You would think that would be enough wouldn’t you. Well it might have been but my server decided to get poorly just as I was rebuilding and my new drive with all the apps installed would not accept the disks (all 47 of them) it reckoned they were corrupted.

I had just installed SP2 so I started again and ran a slipstream, still no good, I had to run and open every file I need individually.

Backup as much you like, sometime the gods look at you and just grin.

Dorsai 20:16 25 Aug 04

Yes.

On some ocasions things just can't go wrong.

On others, you wish they would STOP going wrong.

Valvegrid 20:27 25 Aug 04

I'm sure you haven't read the manual:

Warning !!! This machine is subject to breakdowns during
periods of critical need.

A special circuit in the machine called a CRITICAL NEED DETECTOR senses the operator's emotional state in terms of how desperate he or she is to use the machine. The CRITICAL NEED DETECTOR then creates a malfunction proportional to the desperation of the operator. Threatening the machine with violence only aggrevates the situation. Likewise, attempts to use another machine may cause it also to malfunction. They belong to the same union. Keep cool and say nice things to the machine, Nothing else seems to work.

When all else fails you must RTFM it (Read The Flipping Manual).

spikeychris 20:47 25 Aug 04

like it just has done, 30 odd hours later and you kick your shoes off and pour a Jack Daniels its a rather pleasant feeling.............

bremner 20:54 25 Aug 04

You didn't write, you didn't phoneand we have been worried sick

....and now you come back as if nothing has happened with your fancy tales of exotic drinks and new computers. ;o)

spikeychris 21:19 25 Aug 04

LOL brem

Forum Editor 00:57 26 Aug 04

I hope it never happens to me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…