Bed and Breakfast, Reims, France

Cara2 01:33 12 Feb 10

Anyone suggest a tried and tested budget stopover just off motorway, Reims, France?

Has to be easy to locate, with car park, as for a novice driving abroad, who then needs to find his way back to the motorway!

Thanks.

The Mountaineer 06:56 12 Feb 10

Try this click here
When I'm blitzing a long drive to the South I will often use one of these as they are cheap, usually within 1km of the motorway, clean and simple. To be fair they are usually box-like as a room but when all you want is somewhere to crash out before driving on, who cares.
You can use their search box to find other optional places to stay along the motorway. We often stay around Beaune en route South.
Or for a wider search try here click here;label=fr-a3KPKTT2JA5rNewx7bX4nQS4013688801;ws=&gclid=CPi0womc7J8CFRlBlAodIwpXYg

The Mountaineer 09:25 12 Feb 10

Like yourself I've had one bad experience, but I'm glad you posted as I was struggling to remember the names of the others.
I've never had a non-suite room, didn't know they existed?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:42 12 Feb 10

Campanile are my choice when travelling across France

Fairly basic but warm and clean and the food is good.

The Mountaineer 12:16 12 Feb 10

The other big advantage of these motels is their closeness to the motorways and easy parking. Not always easy to get a meal though and we usually stock up with baguettes etc before arrival.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:34 12 Feb 10
  OTT_B 12:45 12 Feb 10

Campanile gets a thumbs up from me. My personal preference is Ibis hotels, especially for the food (well priced, and usually a good range). From the look of the map it should be easy to get to and from the motorway.

click here

anchor 13:02 12 Feb 10

We have travelled extensively around France for many years. Personally, I would never choose Formula 1, or similar. They are cheap, but basic in the extreme!.

We stay in Campanile; a bit more expensive, but have always been satisfied. As regards "easy to find", some are better than others. If you have a SatNav, all their GPS positions are available for download.

There are 4 Campanile motels around Rheims, all with adequate parking, free WiFi, and restaurants.

click here

rowdy 09:32 14 Feb 10

try google search on above name and you will be spoilt for choice. most of the best budget hotels can be booked direct and some do not charge your card until you arrive or fail to cancel by 6pm on day of arrival. This allows for breakdowns,route changes etc.

rowdy

Cara2 20:58 16 Feb 10

Thanks for all your replies. Plenty to look at and some good suggestions.

Now need similar advice for Italy so will post a separate thread.

Cara

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…