BBC4

Marko797 17:57 16 May 10

Having grown sick and tired of the utter tripe on 'normal' TV, I've recently steered over to BBC4 to see what's happening there.

Over the past few days have seen some really great programmes (IMHO): Tom Petty & the Heartbreaker 'rock-u-mentary'; a film last night about Winnie Mandela, and a further documentary about the decline of the UK docks post introduction of Containers & Container-ships.

For all those licence-bashers, take a look, u might be pleasantly & interestingly surprised at what's available.

Forum Editor 18:27 16 May 10

of BBC4 - real value for money.

blanco 18:30 16 May 10

I'm often there.

rawprawn 18:33 16 May 10

We are not scheduled to receive Freeview until 2011, although we are quite happy with what we get. BBC1, & 2 ITV 1, Channel 4, and Channel 5 (Not very well)

simonjary 18:55 16 May 10

One word of warning: Do not accidentally click on BBC3. You'll be demanding your licence fee back quicker than you can change channels.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:17 16 May 10

"One word of warning: Do not accidentally click on BBC3. You'll be demanding your licence fee back quicker than you can change channels."

You must be an old fart................. a bit like me!!

birdface 20:52 16 May 10

I wonder what we did before we had TV's.
Instead of maybe sitting glued to the telly we should be out walking.Growing potatoes and not couch ones.
Ahh those were the days.I was never in.
Mind you it was safer to go out at night in those days.

birdface 20:53 16 May 10

Oops And of course I forgot.
There were no TV Licenses in those days.

Quickbeam 06:00 17 May 10

It's a bit like what BBC 2 was like in the early days. It had the perception of being a boring highbrow channel, but like BBC4, it has some real gems.

ronalddonald 06:58 17 May 10

'I wonder what we did before we had TV's.'

Lets see went out for walks shopping visited places of interest like museams. Played board games and the old piece f chess, card games the local pubsy,

The local park, jump on a bus jump of a bus you know the old route masters, seeing kids play n the street playing tidily winks etc

now for the bbc 4 and the other bbc channels, sorry to many repeats no value for the license payer and the taxpayer. ie the dead enders or was it east enders never mind im sure its dead enders for many

Quickbeam 07:36 17 May 10

'I wonder what we did before we had TV's.'
That's why they developed birth control...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant