BBC tries to suppress Stig revelation

TopCat® 13:08 24 Aug 10

The Corporation is trying to stop publication of a book that reveals the Stig's identity. TC. click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:14 24 Aug 10

His true identity has been known for yonks and the BBC know this. Terrible publicity stunt *cough*.

G

Legolas 13:15 24 Aug 10

I've always had a suspicion it is Lord Lucan ;))

spuds 13:20 24 Aug 10

Apparently its been suggested that the Stig is in the form of many people. I think the Pope got mentioned once.

nangadef 13:57 24 Aug 10

Maybe to you Gandalf.

Is he stuntman Ben Collins as 'revealed' in yesterday's Daily Mail?

peter99co 14:01 24 Aug 10

I hope it's Button

961 14:20 24 Aug 10

And I hear the mystery of what the Hoon is for has finally been solved after he was fined $500 for messing about on some road in Oz

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:36 24 Aug 10

Yes, he is.

G

wee eddie 14:57 24 Aug 10

any Company with half a dozen Pro, or Semi-Pro, Drivers, on it's books, could fill.

I have never believed that "The Stig" to be a single Driver and I find it difficult believing that others do either.

However, so much of the Population expects an Actor to be similar, in person, to the Role that is being played on screen, that it fair takes my breath away. What, after all, is the definition of an Actor but the ability to create the Character the the Writer and Director requires?

babybell 15:09 24 Aug 10

It came out a few years ago that it was Ben Collins but they denied all knowledge and the story went away. Now it appears the story has resurfaced as Ben wants to write his autobiography.

MAJ 16:09 24 Aug 10

And there's me thinking Kendo Nagasaki had found a new calling, after Kent Walton passed on.

Seriously though, does anyone really care who 'Stig' is? Top Gear is a great program (far and away better than Fifth Gear) and as far as I'm concerned, 'Stig' adds little to it, he wouldn't be missed if he was to leave.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac