BBC Radio4's programme listings.

Aitchbee 21:34 14 Sep 14
Answered

click here have they [The BEEB] now included picture links to every radio programme?

... including 'Clouds' for the Weather and a 'Ship' for the Shipping forecast.

It's ten times slower!!!

Why

N47. 22:01 14 Sep 14

What do you mean, 10 times slower?

The speed the web page loads? because it loads quite instantaneously for me.

Aitchbee 22:09 14 Sep 14

... and it seems to be affecting the 'historical listings' of every programme that was broadcast in the past TEN YEARS!

Aitchbee 22:32 14 Sep 14

N47. - thanks for your reply. - I think it's a browser issue, namely IE8, which I'm still using on all of my XP computers. [ To be fair, The BBC issued warnings that it wasn't supporting IE8 anymore].

I've just tried BBC Radio4's listings on another computer [with IE11] ... the load times are much better.

I'll tick this as resolved.

PS. There might be a way around this problem by turning off the loading of pictures, ie., so that there's only text appearing on the BBC Radio4 listings, to speed the 'em up [again] on my old computers.

spuds 00:26 15 Sep 14

Just tried the link with Google Chrome and Firefox. Both loaded instantly, no delays at all.

N47. 08:28 15 Sep 14

Aitchbee

Think that may be part of you problem, IE8. Though just tried with windows phone and it did take a couple of seconds to load. Have you tried a Chrome browser? It works well on my late daughters desktop.

Aitchbee 10:50 15 Sep 14
Answer

N47. - Chrome is a big improvement. So I will use it for BBC website. Unfortunately it's not so good for PCA website as those 'pesky' video adverts are everywhere. So, I'll keep using IE8 for PCA and from now on use Chrome for BBC. Thanks again.

spuds - I will give Firefox a try on my other XP (IE8) machine in the near future.

spuds 10:57 15 Sep 14

HB - Chrome is a big improvement - Unfortunately it's not so good for PCA website as those 'pesky' video adverts are everywhere.

On this website, I have found Chrome to get the best results. That in conjunction with Adblocker Plus, seems to resolve all the advertising issues. Why not give it a try, and see if it works for you, like it does for me, and a number of other forum member's, who use the same methods. You might have a surprise.

Aitchbee 11:00 15 Sep 14

OK spuds, wildo.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…