BBC Radio 4 archives of In Our Time

Diodorus Siculus 11:37 13 Feb 09

Does anyone know where I can download some please? I missed a lot of them in recent months being in the Philippines and not having access to the internet.

I realise that I can get some access to the transcripts but I prefer to hear the spoken word.

Cheers, Dio.

DippyGirl 11:44 13 Feb 09
  Diodorus Siculus 20:50 13 Feb 09

Thank you.

That will only allow me to listen to them in real time rather than download them to my MP3 player to listen to when out an about.

I know I can record them but it will be a long process and I would prefer to download the files as can be done with the current week's version.

Cheers, Dio

Fermat's Theorem 22:45 14 Feb 09

as downloadable podcasts click here

Hope this helps :-)

Diodorus Siculus 00:32 15 Feb 09

Thank you for that.

However, as far as I can see, only the current week is available. Is this correct or have I missed something? For example, how can I download the episode from two weeks ago on "The Brothers Grimm" now that it has been superseded by "Carthage".

I know I can listen to it but I'd like to download it onto my MP3 player.

Many thanks, Dio

realist 11:11 15 Feb 09

I happen to have a bit of an archive of random episodes of these programs from 2007/2008 in mp3 format.
I'd be happy to put some on a cd for you if you're interested, no problem.
Sorry I don't have the most recent broadcasts though.

Fermat's Theorem 18:09 15 Feb 09

the programme relating to Prime Numbers from the Archive page on the link I gave you.

When I clicked to listen to the programme I was given the option to open it or to save it. I chose the latter, and it is now residing on my hard disk.

I am using Firefox, but I presume Internet Explorer will give you the same options.

Hope this helps :-)

Diodorus Siculus 20:11 15 Feb 09

Thanks for the offer - I am working in SE Asia at the moment, hence only occasional internet access and almost no postal service. Kind thought though and I appreciate it.

Fermat's Theorem

When I do that, I end up with a RAM file of only a few KB which will only begin the streaming process and consequently requires internet access. If you happen to have the whole file (up to 20MB) I'd be pleased to know how. I use Firefox but also have IE and Opera.

Cheers, Dio

Fermat's Theorem 21:58 15 Feb 09

but you are correct. I did not intend misleading you. I now realise that it is only a RAM file that is sitting on my hard disk. When I loaded it of course the programme played in full, but I hadn't realised it was being streamed to me via my Broadband connection.

Sorry I can't help further. :-(

Diodorus Siculus 22:54 15 Feb 09

Don't worry :) I'm sure there is an archive of them somewhere but they are likely to be under BBC copyright so I'll have to give up on the search.

Thanks for all the help.

Dio

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…