BBC Licence Fee Frozen for next six years

wids001 18:58 19 Oct 10

I get mine for free but this is good news for the masses though!

click here

jakimo 19:10 19 Oct 10

I didn't think anyone lived long enough to get a free one

NORFOLK SPARKY 19:32 19 Oct 10

Not good news for the BBC especially as it is for 6 years

rdave13 21:07 19 Oct 10

Ah, not to cater for the minority I suppose.

spuds 22:20 19 Oct 10

Every little helps I suppose.

With the recession and general "we are all in this together", then the BBC will have to consider how wisely they spend the money. No more high wages, no more jollies etc etc etc.

wid001-- But for how long will the free tv licence be retained for the older citizen. Bit like the free bus pass, and the uncertainty of that concession.

Alan-Petrie 22:29 19 Oct 10

If it were up to me there would be no tv license for anyone.

DANZIG 22:37 19 Oct 10

On the face of it, this looks good. However, I can see the BBC raising costs of other services - while still keeping the licence fee frozen.

Maybe cynical - but it just might possibly true.

rdave13 22:44 19 Oct 10

Bring back the 'test card' between certain night hours. That should save a bit of dosh. After all the majority of viewers are asleep then.

wiz-king 06:43 20 Oct 10

Good idea! Could you also arrange children's TV from 4PM until the news at 6PM and testcard again until 9PM - with an occasional interlude to break the monotony? *grin*

Quickbeam 07:16 20 Oct 10

If we're to have the nightly shutdown returned, can we have individual national anthems this time. For England I'd like to have Jerusalem agopted.

It seems a lifetime away since er had the nigh time shutdown for TV click here

Quickbeam 07:19 20 Oct 10

Here's a proper one... click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…