BBC A judge has said he had to bail a paedophile

zimzala 21:15 26 Jan 07

Home Secretary John Reid wrote to judges and magistrates this week asking them to imprison only the most dangerous and persistent criminals.

click here

Well I would say a paedophile is dangerous!!!

octal 21:23 26 Jan 07

Doesn't make sense does it? Another case a pair are jailed for phone tapping
click here

Kev.Ifty 21:31 26 Jan 07

I wouldn't send Paedophiles to Prison either.

zimzala 21:34 26 Jan 07

Why wouldn't you?

Jackcoms 21:34 26 Jan 07

But you're happy for phone tappers to occupy valuable prison space?

Where would you send paedophiles?

Mr Mistoffelees 21:40 26 Jan 07

"Where would you send paedophiles?"

Tattoo them accross the forehead, then let them out into the community.

Kev.Ifty 21:43 26 Jan 07

I would invite Paedophiles to meet the Families of the victims in a room and lock the doors for an hour or two.

Also to save Tax payers money. I would do away with 'Nonces Wings' in Prisons.

Let the sex offenders, Armed Robbers etc all mix and be sociable.. "All Prisoners together"

Nice.

Jackcoms 21:44 26 Jan 07

"Tattoo them accross the forehead, then let them out into the community."

Fair enough. Can't argue with that. But only on condition that the tattoo is permanent and cannot be removed. ;-)

Jackcoms 21:47 26 Jan 07

"I would invite Paedophiles to meet the Families of the victims in a room and lock the doors for an hour or two."

Again, can't argue with that.

And the condition this time? That the paedophile is unarmed and the victims families are armed with a weapon (or weapons) of their choice.

Kate B 22:17 26 Jan 07

The reason for jailing Goodman and Mulcaire is that it wasn't a one off: they illegally listened to lots of people's phone messages for months. They were persistent offenders. I agree, it seems a bit mad in the face of the story about the paedophile, but that's one of the whole points about sentencing: each case is seen on its own merits - or perhaps demerits is the better word - not in relation to other cases; and by different judges and magistrates.

helmetshine 07:27 27 Jan 07

The defendant in the case that zimzala linked to wasn't a one off either...he has previous convictions for similar offences,and it is convictions....plural.He also admitted to the police that he had a problem with children and was attracted to young boys.So i see no reason for him to have been granted bail unless it was to implement Kev.Ifty's suggestion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…