BBC iPlayer...

Quickbeam 18:59 27 Dec 07

I thought this was brand new as I've only just noticed it on the BBC home page and seen adverts for it today. Anyway I see using the search that there have been a few posts on it as a beta thing... is this now a finished product?

I have used the radio listen again quite a lot, that now seems to be incorporated into it.

On the earlier posts, it mentions having to register and that a charge might be levied, but I have just gone straight into watching a program with no registration... it seems OK to me.

sunny staines 19:27 27 Dec 07

been using bbci player since the first beta, never had any problems quality of playback is very good in media player on full screen.

anskyber 19:44 27 Dec 07

Except it's not yet Vista compliant.

J B 19:48 27 Dec 07

thanks, thats what I was going to ask. J.B.

realist 20:53 27 Dec 07

And, you can watch simulcasts of certain C4 programmes here:
click here

aquatarkus 06:36 28 Dec 07

well thats strange, as running nicely here on Vista X64 Ultimate (Main PC and HTPC) also on daughters Acer Laptop Vista Ultimate X32 and wives laptop Dell Vista Ultimate X32.
so not sure where you get that idea

Keith

Quickbeam 10:50 28 Dec 07

Store it in the same place as the multitude of compact cassettes we all have... you know... they're on top of the 8 tracks.

Pine Man 12:00 28 Dec 07

When iPlayer was first publicised it was not compatible with Vista and like you I had seen nothing to suggest that this has changed - it has now but I'm surprised BBC didn't make it more well known.

Pine Man 12:18 28 Dec 07

....download the programs onto DVDs and play them back through your TV?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…