Is the bbc Director-Genaral doing the right thing

Algerian peter ™ 23:37 PM 10 Nov 12

by resigning?

Algerian peter ™ 23:39 PM 10 Nov 12
  rdave13 00:11 AM 11 Nov 12

I'm not going to sign up just to read the article but could you give us a summary?

Algerian peter ™ 00:16 AM 11 Nov 12

You do not have to sign up. Just use the close button on the pop up.

Algerian peter ™ 00:18 AM 11 Nov 12

Sorry you are right. I was logged in.

try this link http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20284124

rdave13 00:40 AM 11 Nov 12

Now that he has, then yes, I do think it is the right decision for him and the BBC. The BBC needs a strong Director General, not someone prepared to resign at the first hurdle.

morddwyd 07:13 AM 11 Nov 12

Sorry, I'd already commented on this in the licence fee thread -

"The basic trouble at the BBC is illustrated by the appointment of a detergent marketing man as the new DG.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20285096

He might be competent, but they are not known for accuracy!

They might have done better to appoint a broadcaster, or at least a half competent journalist.

They might also have taken a bit longer to look around."

WhiteTruckMan 08:25 AM 11 Nov 12

They might have done better to appoint a broadcaster, or at least a half competent journalist

It's not the half competent part I have a problem with, it's the other half!

WTM

michaelw 09:04 AM 11 Nov 12

"The basic trouble at the BBC is illustrated by the appointment of a detergent marketing man as the new DG."

Hopefully, then, he'll make a clean sweep.

interzone55 09:10 AM 11 Nov 12

michaelw

Too late for that.

I'm with rdave13, anyone who jumps at the first sign of trouble is not the right person to steer a corporation, especially one that faces as tough an immediate future as the Beeb

Aitchbee 09:50 AM 11 Nov 12

Tim Davie's last big 'sensible' decision as Head of BBC Radio, was to ditch Radio4's ' Broadcasting House ' ... a topical news programme and to air the ' Archers Omnibus ' a bit earlier, instead. [This re-jig was to cover the Ceremony of Remembrance from the Cenotaph]

This [his decision] indicates to me, a man with a 'safe pair of hands' although I would have preferred BH on instead ;0]

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites