BBC Beethoven Downloads

BigMan24 11:55 11 Jul 05

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering who knew of or took advantage of the BBC's Beethoven Experience. The BBC let people download Beethoven's Symphonies 1 - 9 for a limited time.

I managed to download the first 4, but couldn't get my hands on a computer in the window that the other symphonies were available.

Does anyone know why the BBC made the downloads available for one week at a time only?

And does anyone know where I could download the rest of the symphonies? Or if they will be released on cd?

Thnaks very much!

Pesala 12:00 11 Jul 05

The remaining symphonies – numbers 6 to 9 – will be available to download for seven days after they are broadcast later this month, with dates as follows: no.6 (the Pastoral) on Monday 27 June; no. 7 on Tuesday 28 June; no. 8 on Wednesday 29 June; and no. 9 on Thursday 30 June.

Listeners should visit click here for more details.

Pesala 12:02 11 Jul 05

You may not copy, reproduce, edit, adapt, alter, republish, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use this audio in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use.

BigMan24 13:35 11 Jul 05

Thanks for the reply, but i think i'm a little confused.

The downloads finished last month and are no longer available!

Thanks anyway!

Forum Editor 14:34 11 Jul 05

is living in a time warp. As you say, the downloads were last month. He says that too.

€dstowe 15:44 11 Jul 05

I think you will find that most BBC radio broadcasts are available for download for 7 days after broadcast.

Note the important term "BBC radio broadcast". That has a quite specific meaning thus: a BBC generated and copyright owned broadcast. Commercial material, that is, material bought in by the BBC, is not available; neither should it be recorded at the time of broadcast.

The BBC has, for a long time, been quite reasonable and liberal with its attitude to copyright and, subject to the conditions highlighted by Pesala, allows its most, if not all, of its work to be recorded. This applies equally to television output although the "listen again" (watch again) facility is not available.

Pesala 19:11 11 Jul 05

(~_~) How time flies!

smokingbeagle 21:08 11 Jul 05

listed on the BBC website. Some appear to be free of charge.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…