bbc 3 and Torchwood

pc613 18:11 30 Oct 07

Any one watching the Torchwood rerun on fridays bbc 3 and are wondering why after seven episodes its been taken off. Simple the last six episodes are being shown on BBC HD. Not being able to watch the original series it was a good chance to catch up before the second series. (alright I know I'm a sad git for watching it but I'm a sucker B movies type sci-fi).
Sent an e-mail asking why it got taken off and this is what I got back

Thank you for your email regarding 'Torchwood'.

I understand that you are disappointed with the scheduling of the series.

Even very popular programmes face competition for a place in the peak time schedule. Our aim is to provide a range of programmes for our audience at times which are convenient and while scheduling is a complex process, we understand that some viewers may be disappointed with the placement of series.
As you can see they totally avoid the question about it being transfered to BBC HD and that not only do you need a hd ready tv but a decoder box, and that the channel is still only on its trial run.I've sent it back by reply asking for an answer in plain english but I wont hold my breath

anskyber 18:37 30 Oct 07

It will be no consolation for you to know that it is spectacular in HD.

Your point is well made however, broadcasting only in HD (even a repeat) is unacceptable particularly given the trial nature of BBC HD.

If the BBC do ditch HD it will set them back yet further in their race to be "competitive" with other TV broadcasters.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced