Baxi Bahama 100 Boiler, pressure?

rickf 09:30 31 Aug 10

Some of you who helped me with suggestions about removals would know I have just moved.
I have the above combi boiler and pressure guage stays at 3. Should be between 1-2.5. According to the manual there is a fault. It's working OK though. Is there something simple I can do myself, like turning the pressure valve and see what happens or is it time to call in British Gas for a service. Thanks

johndrew 09:43 31 Aug 10

I would suggest you call out a qualified engineer.

It could be a faulty gauge, thermostat, expansion vessel or similar. It may also be something very simple such as needing bleeding. However, until it is diagnosed it is difficult to say.

One thing is for certain, running overpressure is not good and may cause secondary damage.

rickf 09:52 31 Aug 10

Thanks. To be on the safe side I'll call an engineer.

numskull 09:56 31 Aug 10

Just had my boiler serviced and the pressure should be 1.2 when the system is cold. There is a valve to reduce the pressure but it spurts hot water!

egapup 10:41 31 Aug 10

Go around and bleed all your rads, very simple job, then check the pressure.

rickf 17:03 31 Aug 10

Thanks all. You learn everyday. This knowledge is now for future reference. Called Bri Gas alredy. Guess it's maoney I have to spend for now.

Forum Editor 18:22 31 Aug 10

it will - as numskull and Midgetninja have said - self-vent via the safety release valve; water will vent from a pipe that passes through the wall on which the boiler is mounted.

Over pressure without any obvious cause can be due to water in the expansion vessel, and that's a job for a professional - you're new to this boiler, and you've done the right thing by calling British Gas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac