is this batty

lofty29 17:03 26 Aug 09

I saw a snippet on the bbc news that a cetain type of fruit bat is in danger of extinction apparently 20,000 are hunted each year in the far east, who wants to hunt fruit bats and why?

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:16 26 Aug 09

I'll save some of your Google dollars...'Flying foxes – which are important seed dispersers and pollinators in tropical rainforests – are commonly hunted for food, medicine and sport in Malaysia and many other countries in Southeast Asia'.click here

G

DippyGirl 17:19 26 Aug 09

to eat

Cymro. 17:26 26 Aug 09

I wonder if the day will ever come when rats will be thought of as an endangered species?
As for the bats flying or otherwise it would be a shame for them to become extinct especially as they play such an important part as pollinators.

As for them being eaten, well I dare say we eat much stranger thing from time to time and I would rather think of them providing food then just dying as sport for shooters.

Brumas 17:52 26 Aug 09

I thought I hadn't seen Fruit Bat /\0/\ for a while ;o)

lotvic 20:16 26 Aug 09

He's hiding.. Sshhh

Forum Editor 23:00 26 Aug 09

where flying foxes used to come and roost in the trees in our garden. I found them rather endearing, but my father used to rant about their habit of covering the ground with droppings. I'm not sure I would fancy eating one, but then I wouldn't fancy eating quite a few things that other people find appetising.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…