The Battle for the Scots Regiments

Quickbeam 08:08 18 Sep 14

Coming soon to a battle field near you Could we really see the Black Watch billeted in Macclesfield?

Quickbeam 08:08 18 Sep 14

...probably the worst scare monger attempt of the campaign;-)

Woolwell 10:25 18 Sep 14

That's very interesting and comes under the category of scaremongering as Hammond isn't the Defence Secretary now, as the article states, but is the Foreign Secretary. If they cannot get that right I have no faith in the accuracy of the rest of it. Besides which Scottish regiments have long been stationed in England. For example the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders have a long association with Plymouth and were stationed there in the 1960's.

morddwyd 20:13 18 Sep 14

I see no anomalies here, to me it's fairly obvious.

Anyone sworn to the colours should have the option of deciding which colours they will remain sworn to, not forgetting that there are many English, and other nationalities, in the Scottish regiments, and vice versa.

Similarly with my service pension. I earned my pension in service to the British Crown, and I would expect the British Crown to continue paying it, just as does for all the other foreign nationals who have qualified for a service pension.

wee eddie 21:15 18 Sep 14

morddwyd: Among other things.

The post Vote Negotiations, if it is a Yes, will include, an apportioning of the pensions of the UK Armed Forces that Scotland will continue to pay.

morddwyd 09:02 19 Sep 14

I don't care what governments agree, in what countries.

Governments come and go, but I expect the Sovereign to honour the 40 year commitment I made to her, not the government, in 1953.

carver 09:17 19 Sep 14

morddwyd you can relax, you aren't leaving us just yet and as part of the UK I assume you will still get your pension.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5