Batmobile and Robin..........Reliant

Ho-Lin-Sok 09:26 28 Feb 07

So the dynamic duo were sold yesterday. Del boys Reliant Robin sold for over 40 grand whilst the Batmobile went for over 100grand. Some Jokers paid a lot of money for them which poses a real Riddle(r).

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:32 28 Feb 07

Which Batmobile? there have been several.

The one from the TV series in the sixties, was in a museum in Kendal last time I was there.

Totally-braindead 13:57 28 Feb 07

Fruit Bat /\0/\ I saw in the news last week the batmobile which was up for sale, it was the one from the sixties where Adam West played batman that was for sale.

g0nvs 17:53 28 Feb 07

A total of 6 Batmobiles were made.

oresome 18:45 28 Feb 07

Sorry to be pedantic, but it was a Reliant Regal.

I sold mine for £300.

Forum Editor 18:58 28 Feb 07

Aaah, the one with the double overhead compensating swaffle brackets, they went like the clappers.

WhiteTruckMan 20:16 28 Feb 07

Sorry to be pedantic, but it was a Reliant Regal Supervan 3 (or Supervan III if you prefer).

Not to be confused with Superman 3

WTM

oresome 20:19 28 Feb 07

It certainly felt like it was going like the clappers!

Only the passing joggers spoilt the illusion.

Bingalau 20:27 28 Feb 07

I'm going back a bit, again, but I can remember driving along a dual carriageway (Before Motorways) and doing at least 60 mph, when one of these Reliant things cruised past me. So I don't know what their top speed was or whether this one had been souped up. But it was certainly shifting.

FungusBoggieman 20:33 28 Feb 07

click here
we went here good place to go not very big though but worth wile

oresome 20:37 28 Feb 07

They had a top speed of around 75mph.

Due to legislation, they had to weigh less than 8cwt to be driven on a motor cycle licence, so the power to weight ratio was quite good.

They started life with an Austin 7 engine, but Reliant went on to develop their own engine made of aluminium, again to keep the weight down.

The spare wheel was also an extra as it's inclusion tipped the weight over the magic 8cwt and the seats were aluminium framed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac