Bathroom extractor fan - cover needed

Graham. 09:26 08 Nov 10

These strong cold winds are blowing in through the extractor fan. There is only a grille on the outside, no vanes or cowl.

Is there a cover I can simply attach to the inside when needed?

Double-sided tape and cardboard is all I can come up with at the moment.

jack 09:42 08 Nov 10

So Card and tape would appear the most appropriate.
a More permanent solution could be to affix an external cowl- similar to those over gas boiler flues - but that may need professional help- and cost.

Graham. 09:42 08 Nov 10

Great minds. Tried that, it looks silly.

michaelw 09:54 08 Nov 10

I don't know if this link is any use click here

morddwyd 10:05 08 Nov 10

"it looks silly."

You're either going to be cold, or vain.

Your choice!

Quickbeam 10:23 08 Nov 10

Something like this click here;jsessionid=IGMFKYVUD5GTYCSTHZOSFFI that only opens the flaps from the exhaust draught blowing out will do it.

hssutton 10:24 08 Nov 10

Whats wrong with using a plastic louvered vent, available at any hardware store. you could even attach it using silicone if you don't fancy drilling holes and using screws

hssutton 10:26 08 Nov 10

Quickbeam was quicker than me.

Quickbeam 10:27 08 Nov 10

Why do you think I call myself that by tag;)

hssutton 10:43 08 Nov 10

:) :)

BRYNIT 11:08 08 Nov 10

If the grill Vent you have is the same type as the one from the link supplied by Quickbeam you may find the grill centre section can be removed you then just replace it with the flaps from another vent save removing/replacing the whole unit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…