Base Jumping

def90csw 20:24 02 Oct 06

Has anyone ever done base jumping?

Kate B 20:27 02 Oct 06

No! I'm far too fond of breathing and wish to remain in the traditional one piece instead of 30-odd shattered bits.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:56 02 Oct 06

Base jumping is illegal and anyone who admits to it is leaving them selves open to prosecution.

Frowned on by the law due to the dangers of cross winds blowing you into the "thing" you're jumping from,but a bigger thrill than normal parachuting.

hijo 21:05 02 Oct 06

hiya m8 ive got a m8 whos hada bash @ it & it kinda changed his life as he went "nutts" after it & never slowed down..lol..now hes got a "Orange Double "D"" mountain bike (worht about £3.5k) & 2 more as it made him just love life soo much & to see another wild & fun side of his life he now enjoys life to the very very MAX..& weather you all belive me or not it WAS that base jumping that changed him he used to be realy a "Flat" person & since doing it 5 years ago he now works in Andora in our winters & goes boarding & in a summer he works mostly Spain mountainbiking...hope this helps..lol

def90csw 21:11 02 Oct 06

I know the Military frown on it and it is a Court Martial offence. But was interested if anyone had ever done it.

Mr Mistoffelees 21:35 02 Oct 06

My brain is not sufficiently addled for me to go base jumping!

hijo 21:49 02 Oct 06

to add to my comment my m8 did this outside the UK.....!!! & if i am correct its accepted in Malaysia hence the Petronas Towers base jumpers...!!!

WhiteTruckMan 22:02 02 Oct 06

-nothing to do with the military-but always wanted to try a balloon jump. I imagine that shares some of the qualities of a base jump, i.e. launching yourself in complete silence, without any of the attendant risks.

Sadly, lack of time and money means its a pastime i have had to let go. Great fun tho..

WTM

Kate B 23:48 02 Oct 06

I prefer my adrenaline rushes to be firmly earthbound.

DrScott 23:50 02 Oct 06

B = building
A = antenna
S = span
E = earth

Anyone know anyone who's done all four?

Hertz Van Rentyl 16:21 03 Oct 06

I suppose you do the Earth part if the 'chute fails.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos