Barcays Bank

babybell 13:33 16 Jun 09

A friend of mine just went to buy petrol and Barclays won’t let her take out cash or pay for anything on card. It said that the financial institution is unavailable?

Also the phone banking just cuts off and the internet banking returns saying they are having technical difficulties?

Anyone else having an issue?

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:46 16 Jun 09

Their online banking site is up the Swannee.
At the risk of waking up and bringing to planet earth the conspiracy theorists, it was a bit strange when they recently trousered £13billion from the rushed sale of their stable and profitable Barclays Global Investors which included the Ishares brand (also in a good position). hey ho then.

G

beeuuem 13:47 16 Jun 09

From click here

Welcome to Barclays Online Banking
Your Online Banking service

We're currently experiencing technical problems in Online Banking that means some of you may not be able to log in to the service. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and suggest you try logging in again later.

Message updated 16 June 2009, 12:38pm.

Looks as if it is a general problem. We all know what computers are like!

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:50 16 Jun 09

Oh no! The runes are cast against me...Google has gorn now..end of teh world.

G

wiz-king 13:50 16 Jun 09

Oh well - more spam asking for log-in details.

babybell 13:59 16 Jun 09

Yeah its not just the internet banking tho. My friend is a young mum and currently she is unable to buy fuel as all card transactions have been stopped as well. Luckily being the nice guy I am I have lent her a few bob.

BT 17:59 16 Jun 09

Forum Editor 18:19 16 Jun 09

It's finally happened. The planet can no longer function without the internet.

babybell 18:30 16 Jun 09

She was worried that Barclays had gone down the pan as well!

She was very worried for a while though, not being able to withdraw her money from cash machines or allowed to purchase anything on her card, not being able to look on the internet at her money or even ring up.

Modern technology eh!

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:00 16 Jun 09

'She was very worried for a while though, not being able to withdraw her money from cash machines or allowed to purchase anything on her card, not being able to look on the internet at her money or even ring up'..and this is what our lives have been distilled to on this planet. Sad.

G

natdoor 19:02 16 Jun 09

Surely one could get cash at a branch?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos