Ballot papers

hssutton 15:42 PM 19 Apr 11
Answered

Have received today postal ballot papers with 7 candidates listed. The first on the list has no stated party affiliation with 5 being Independent and one Conservative.

I would have thought that all candidates political affiliations should be listed. Am I correct in my thoughts?

Quickbeam 00:33 AM 20 Apr 11

Our ballot papers stated their ploitical affiliations.

wiz-king 06:47 AM 20 Apr 11

No, it's optional. click here

spider9 06:54 AM 20 Apr 11

"The first on the list has no stated party affiliation.."

That would be the LibDem candidate, then! (;-)

wee eddie 08:22 AM 20 Apr 11

Maybe that is a good idea.

You will then need to find out what each Candidate stands for, rather than ticking the Party Stooge.

morddwyd 08:30 AM 20 Apr 11

Placing anything other than the candidates name on the ballot paper is a relatively recent change.

It was changed because many people didn't know who the "party stooge" was, and regularly voted for the wrong candidate!

BT 08:44 AM 20 Apr 11

Not even had the brochure explaining the Alternative Vote Referendum that we are supposed to be giving our opinion on.

hssutton 09:21 AM 20 Apr 11

Thanks for the link Wiz-King.

BT. No brochure explaining the AV/FPTP came with the voting papers, just the ballot paper

BT 16:36 PM 20 Apr 11
Answer

hssutton

I was under the impression from TV Ads that 'Every house' would receive a brochure explaining the system.

All I've had so far - in today's post and addressed to me - is a leaflet from the NO camp. No sign of the official brochure.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone