Ballot papers

hssutton 15:42 PM 19 Apr 11
Answered

Have received today postal ballot papers with 7 candidates listed. The first on the list has no stated party affiliation with 5 being Independent and one Conservative.

I would have thought that all candidates political affiliations should be listed. Am I correct in my thoughts?

Quickbeam 00:33 AM 20 Apr 11

Our ballot papers stated their ploitical affiliations.

wiz-king 06:47 AM 20 Apr 11

No, it's optional. click here

spider9 06:54 AM 20 Apr 11

"The first on the list has no stated party affiliation.."

That would be the LibDem candidate, then! (;-)

wee eddie 08:22 AM 20 Apr 11

Maybe that is a good idea.

You will then need to find out what each Candidate stands for, rather than ticking the Party Stooge.

morddwyd 08:30 AM 20 Apr 11

Placing anything other than the candidates name on the ballot paper is a relatively recent change.

It was changed because many people didn't know who the "party stooge" was, and regularly voted for the wrong candidate!

BT 08:44 AM 20 Apr 11

Not even had the brochure explaining the Alternative Vote Referendum that we are supposed to be giving our opinion on.

hssutton 09:21 AM 20 Apr 11

Thanks for the link Wiz-King.

BT. No brochure explaining the AV/FPTP came with the voting papers, just the ballot paper

BT 16:36 PM 20 Apr 11
Answer

hssutton

I was under the impression from TV Ads that 'Every house' would receive a brochure explaining the system.

All I've had so far - in today's post and addressed to me - is a leaflet from the NO camp. No sign of the official brochure.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED