In Bad Taste or just Hot air

jakimo 14:46 25 Jan 11

In their Economy drive Redditch Town Councils proposal of having the 'Creme De La Creme' of Crematoriums has raised a few eyebrows,the intention is to heat the next door swimming pool with the surplus heat that normally goes up the chrematotium chimney.
The surplus heat could be adapted for many uses of course,ones nearest and dearest could be helping to ripen the tomatoes in a nearby greenhouse for instance.

What say you?

click here

Flak999 14:54 25 Jan 11

An excellent idea! even the dead can do their bit for global warming.

Bingalau 14:56 25 Jan 11

If I can give a bit of warmth to someone when I go then I am all for it. People could then say "Well he wasn't a complete waste of time and space after all".

Pineman100 15:00 25 Jan 11

Is the crematorium the dead centre of the town?

I'm with Bingalau - once I'm gone, if people want to use me for fuel, go right ahead.

canarieslover 15:27 25 Jan 11

A multi-tasking crematorium, great idea.

HondaMan 15:28 25 Jan 11

A bit of joined-up thinking.

gengiscant 15:30 25 Jan 11

Just listened to a load of tosh on the radio, about not showing the dead respect or affording them dignity.

As my body is going to medical science,what they do with my bits once they have finished with them is of no concern.But if I can heat someones swimming pool,I'm all for it.

peter99co 15:32 25 Jan 11

This is not a new idea. I am sure the Dutch have been in the news in 2010 along similar lines. I can't find a link though.

Waste not want not.

gengiscant 15:41 25 Jan 11

Is this it?click here

interzone55 15:45 25 Jan 11

I see no problem with this at all.

A town is Sweden implemented this to heat houses a while ago, and another Swedish town has been burning dead bunnies for heat...

click here

click here

peter99co 15:55 25 Jan 11

That is not where I first saw it but it is correct material.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5