The bad pixel goblin (or fairy)

S5W 19:13 06 Aug 04

My LG Flatron 782LE LCD screen was delivered in May 2002 with one dead pixel,it was well off centre and caused minimal annoyance. Yesterday I noticed it had disappeared. It has definitely gone, I know not why. I wish my wife's washing machine would self heal; but no, I shall have to spend another morning delving into its shoddy mechanical cadaver when I should be up the pub. It's a hard life.

Forum Editor 19:33 06 Aug 04

and they can switch on like that for no apparent reason. Sometimes you can (very gently) massage a dead or rogue pixel into life with a moist cotton bud. In your case that wasn't necessary so rejoice - and hope that it doesn't switch itself off again. Keep those cotton buds handy just in case.

Take care when delving into the washing machine's innards - therein lies mains voltage, and we don't want the casing going live when we switch back on do we?

Sapins 08:31 07 Aug 04

I think I might have a dead pixie in my monitor, I definitely heard something when I moved it just now!

I have never had any dead pixels in any of my monitors - but then dead pixels is not a known issue in CRT monitors.

only me 10:59 07 Aug 04

But dead mice are??

S5W 18:28 07 Aug 04

Thanks for the warning FE, washing machine working again and no nasty shocks except the cost of a new pump.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…