Bad news if you're a whale.

Forum Editor 00:21 19 Jun 06

click here

What do you think?

No xenophobic comments please.

wolfie3000 01:47 19 Jun 06

I am disgusted,

I hate any form of animal cruelty.

Whether fox badger whale or any other form of animal.

This news is depressing.

This is the other side of commercial whaling.

click here

octal 08:01 19 Jun 06

I'm trying to get my head around this one, do they need to kill whales to survive for food? It doesn't seemed to be very clear the real reason for killing them, unless I'm missing something.

nigg 08:26 19 Jun 06

Whales are hunted commercially.
Bulls are stabbed,Fish are hooked,Game birds are shot,Horses and Greyhounds are raced,lots of pets are locked up in cages,all in the names of sport and pleasure.

Sapins 08:28 19 Jun 06

I you eat any fish stop to think how they are caught and left to suffocate to death, slowly.

semag 08:37 19 Jun 06

We've all got to eat and fish "n" chips are really tastey.

€dstowe 08:44 19 Jun 06

An item on Channel 4 news the other night showed the desperate attempts by the Japanese to try to sell the whale meat that they had already caught. It appears that the Japanese public don't want whale meat and the whale steaks and whale burgers that are being produced in efforts to make it acceptable are tasted with great caution and a not inconsiderable amount of disgust.

It was suggested by the reporter that the stance being taken by the Japanese over this issue is to give them (the Japanese nation) at least some small influence over world issues - which were lost following the Second World War. Whether or not this is the case, the Japanese are creating a huge amount of ill-will in the world, especially in their recruiting of landlocked countries (who obviously have not legitimate interest) to join then in the whale slaughter.

iambeavis 09:55 19 Jun 06

I've eaten Whale meat, in the Faeroe Islands, and I'd eat it again, given the opportunity. I found it to be very tasty.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:59 19 Jun 06

I don't see a problem. We eat cows, chickens, dogs, horses, lambs, birds of all varieties, guinea pigs, fish, lobsters etc., etc.

G

€dstowe 11:00 19 Jun 06

A lot of people in their fifties and over have eaten whale meat - out of necessity in the years of shortages of protein foods during and following the Second World War. Also whale fat (blubber) was the major ingredient in margarine for many years after that before the extensive use of vegetable fats and hydrogenated vegetable fats.

iambeavis 11:12 19 Jun 06

Being close to sixty, I'm aware of all those facts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…