On the back of a wristwatch

€dstowe 12:45 03 Jul 05

It says on the header here "anything that makes the digital world tick".

Well, how about this which I've just heard about from my father.

A friend of his has just bought a new watch from the USA. On the reverse of the case is stamped into the metal:

"For best results use other side."

Pooke 13:00 03 Jul 05

Superb

spuds 13:32 03 Jul 05

The instructions would not suit a sundial :o)

Forum Editor 13:36 03 Jul 05

It reminds me of the beer bottle I saw when on a trip to India. The label included a warning:

Do not remove cap with teeth.

Ancient Learner 14:52 03 Jul 05

Reminds me of the time when there was a push on reading skills and there were printed notices about which said something like 'if you can't read this, phone - - - - to get help.'

LastChip 15:55 03 Jul 05

seen on a hammer. Hitting your finger with this is likely to cause injury!

Pooke 16:01 03 Jul 05
  Diemmess 18:59 03 Jul 05

During the season, all chicken dishes will be made with turkey.

I know the americans are terrified of litigation but whoever decided to put that on a watch probably had a sense of humour.Having said that the last car I hired over there had so many of these silly warning stickers on it I began to doubt my own sanity.

MidgetMan 11:55 04 Jul 05

I do believe that they now put warning stickers on micro wave ovens saying not for drying pets, this is after a woman tried to dry her dog in one and sued when it died!!

I remember having alot of trouble years ago trying to get a modem to connect, in the manuel it stated "if your problem is not covered please log on to "

What a sad world that people seem to have no common sense and need to be warned about every hazard.

€dstowe 13:11 04 Jul 05

Your quotation reminds me of messages I get on one of my cordless keyboard/mouse setups. Sometimes, the bootup goes slightly wrong (out of sequence) and the input devices aren't detected. After the initial bootup screen a message appears on screen

"No keyboard detected. Press any key to continue."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…