SimpleSimon1 18:16 22 Dec 09

Just got back from seeing Avatar in 3D at our local Vue

ABSOLUTELY FRAGGING AMAZING!

OK, the story is nothing special but, OMG, the impact of the 3D tech is incredible. I don't know what I expected but it was nothing compared to what we got! If anyone is thinking "yeah, yeah, yeah, I've seen that 3D stuff before and it's pretty average", they've got a shock coming. Sure there were the standard 'money' shots but forget those and you just sink into the entire environment.

I read somewhere that the number of cinemas which are geared to show 3D films has jumped from a fairly constant 20 or so to over 300 in the last 12-18 months and I think this film shows why. Assuming it makes a decent return (and I'm pretty sure it will), I suspect we're going to see a lot more 3D films in the coming years.

BTW, cinemas that can't handle 3D are showing this in 2D format, as well. My advice is to gives those a miss and look for 3D showings. Without the 3D it's just a pretty piece of sci-fi, with a weak script. With the 3D, it's still a weak script but forget that and enjoy 3 hours as a bystander in a strange new world that exists all around you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…