Avast Winner

birdface 22:21 12 Dec 09

You may say the luck of the irish.

click here

Wonder if everyone will drift back to AVG Now.

rdave13 22:39 12 Dec 09

Of course they will. Best AV on God's Earth.

canarieslover 11:43 13 Dec 09

I won't be drifting back. AVG caused me so many problems that I changed to Avast!, and it doesn't matter how much better AVG has become, the memory of those problems still sticks with me.

birdface 12:58 13 Dec 09

Tried avast did not like it and went back to AVG.
You had to sit there while you scanned your computer as it would stop at the first problem for you to decide whether to remove it or not.
And would not commence until you decided.
I can set Avg to do a full scan and power down the computer when it is finished which is handy if you are going out or busy elsewhere.
It is about 4 years since I used avast so do not know if it still does the same while scanning.

Ventad 13:04 13 Dec 09

I came over to AVAST early this year after having problems with AVG, I for one will not go back. You want to give it another go I think you will be suprised.

canarieslover 13:18 13 Dec 09

Problems I had were, wanting to reboot after every update, and worse still, loss of internet connection. It also noticeably slowed my computer whilst doing a scan, sometimes to the point of being almost unusable. When I upgraded to a new computer early this year, with Vista, AVG had to go as it was really troublesome. I was not alone with this as my son was having very similar problems. A change to Avast! sorted both our machines out and neither of us will go back to AVG. Should Avast! start giving anywhere near the trouble that AVG did then I would again look at other suppliers in the antivirus field.

Joseph Kerr 20:51 13 Dec 09

i had trouble with both. there was a new version of AVG which made me move to avast because it wouldnt update properly. then avast decided to keep giving me the saem false positive. after a while my pc was slow to start up, so i asked some questions and posted some details on one of those sites that assess your scan results. now, not all of that is avast's fault, but it made me doubt myself when i shouldnt have, and its possible the problem could have been solved sooner.

Al94 21:08 13 Dec 09

Switched from AVG to Avast several years ago, installed on all home PC's and no issues whatsoever. I like that comforting voice telling me that "virus database has been updated" !

nangadef 08:54 14 Dec 09

I also moved from AVG (after big problems) to Avast a few years ago and have been trouble free ever since.

bri-an 09:09 14 Dec 09

Likewise, moved to Avast earlier in the year after getting fed up with AVG. No problems at all.

john bunyan 09:13 14 Dec 09

Switched from AVG to Avira when I got W7. So far so good - is Avast better (enough to switch from Avira)?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…