The AV referendum

Quickbeam 08:30 AM 18 Apr 11

link text

"the campaign has thrown up some strange alliances... Meanwhile, the "yes" campaign will see Mr Miliband rub shoulders with Vince Cable, who has found himself at odds with his Conservative coalition colleagues in recent days over immigration policy."

Listening to the street, people still don't get it that the coalition entails talking to and dealing with unlikely partners. The popular press still castigates the LibDems for reneging on their manifesto while blindly ignoring that the Tories have also had to compromise their ideal winner takes all position, because they're not in a position to do so, because they weren't given carte blanche at the election.

Should the AV take the day, how long do you think it'll take to get away from the I expected XXX from my party because they had the largest number of votes? I think it'll take a generation to get used to the change away from the my turn, you're turn, we'll do it our way regardless method that first past the post has given us.

Quickbeam 08:31 AM 18 Apr 11

I still can't get the links to take on a title FE.

Nontek 08:36 AM 18 Apr 11

To get a Title

Click on the next icon to the right of the Globe-with-the-arrow, under 'Reply to this topic', then delete the word Heading and type in your Title.

Quickbeam 08:53 AM 18 Apr 11

Not that Nontek, a title for the hyperlink that should appear when you end the web address with the quotes filled with a text title. It's never done it yet for me.

Graham. 09:20 AM 18 Apr 11

Do you mean like this?

Graham. 09:26 AM 18 Apr 11

Or if you still want a click here, click here

Quickbeam 09:39 AM 18 Apr 11

That's right, it won't do that for me.

spuds 09:41 AM 18 Apr 11

Whatever happens on May 5th, I bet that there will still be a number of people who might be struggling to understand what this is all about. Most of the arguments that I have heard are about the initial cost and perhaps future costs and possible confusion.

Will there be recounts if the various parties disagree?.

Quickbeam 09:42 AM 18 Apr 11

I don't know whether to mark this as resolved as it gone off on an irrelevant tangent or to ask the FE to change the title to 'Why won't my links work right?'...:)

Quickbeam 09:43 AM 18 Apr 11

Ah! Spuds has read my mind and guided it back on course.

Grey Goo 09:49 AM 18 Apr 11

If the Scots vote yes,it may force it upon England whether we want it or not.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Lumia 950 vs Lumia 950 XL: What's the difference between Lumia 950 & 950 XL?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Medium's new logo was designed

iPad Pro vs iPad Air 2 comparison: Which of Apple's flagship iPads is best for you?