Authentification Required

Pine Man 16:20 02 Oct 13
Answered

When I log on to PCA I get the home page with loads of news items. As of today if I click on any of those news items I get a dialogue box open up headed Authentication Required and containing the following:- Enter user name and password for click here is it all about? If I close the box I can still continue to read the item.

What

Pine Man 16:21 02 Oct 13

Should read ...

Enter user name and password for 'click here What is it all about?

Pine Man 16:24 02 Oct 13

What a bloody site!

When you want a 'click here' it doesn't work and when you don't want one you get it!!

Click here reads http staging pcadvisor co uk

Woolwell 16:25 02 Oct 13

It's the site playing up again.

wiz-king 16:26 02 Oct 13

I noticed that, done exactly what you did with the same result.

Pine Man 17:08 02 Oct 13
Answer

Woolwell

It's the site playing up again.

Which probably accounts for the fact that I no longer get email notifications when I subscribe to threads :-(

spuds 17:56 02 Oct 13

I think jock1e is asking the same question on another thread?.

Matt Egan 21:48 02 Oct 13

Sorry about this guys. No idea what is happening and I can't replicate it. Staging is a hidden version of the site we use to test things, hence the need for a password. We'll get it sorted.

Aitchbee 22:12 02 Oct 13

... no probs on XP:IE8, but I do get the new 'prompt' on W7:IE9 [on a different computer].

john bunyan 16:21 03 Oct 13

This "Windows Security " pop up is still coming up on most pages, referring to pca.com at demo. Surely this can be sorted quickly. I enjoy the site, but for a magazine devoted to IT and PC matters it seems unbelievable how long these issues seem to go on for - long running scripts, this latest problem, difficulties signing in - never mind poor old Brumas having to prolong the Monday quiz past bedtime. We are, I am sure, very grateful for the "free" site, but it does seem to be taking a very long time to improve. It must be very frustrating for the staff, as well as the users.

Woolwell 16:24 03 Oct 13

I'm not getting the problem on Chrome with javascript blocked for this site.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nvidia Titan X release date, price and specs UK: Nvidia's new Titan X GP102 for 2016 launching on 2t…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nvidia’s new Quadro P6000 is the most powerful graphics card in the world

iPad Pro 2 release date rumours UK | iPad Pro 2 new features, specs, price: Leaked photos show new…