Audacity Freeware

carryduff 14:00 14 Dec 06

Several months ago I was looking for a programme to update my old audio tapes to cd, and thanks to your wonderful advice forums I downloaded AUDACITY. It works a treat, all my old stuff is now safely stored on cd. As I make midi 'backing tracks' for a few local singers, I thought it would be a good idea to get a vocal removal programme to help cut down the time involved. I came across a site offering one for $29.99 and bought this. You can imagine my surprise when I downloaded the programme to discover that it was exactly the same in every detail as the AUDACITY freeware. I tried the vocal removal procedures on both programmes and the results were exactly the same. These programmes do not completely remove the vocals, but leave a rather 'echoey' vocal in the background. This is fine on a freeware programme but offering it for sale when anyone can download it free is a bit much. In all fairness to the company involved, I had no problem geting my money back when I contacted them, so beware. With hindsight I should have contacted one of your forums and got the info first. Many thanks for all your 'sound' advice in the past.

Diodorus Siculus 14:17 14 Dec 06

Audacity is opensource, so anyone can do what they want with it within reason. Pleased you got your money back!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant