Asking for trouble!!

syylo 17:27 24 Nov 08

Phew just had a walk into town & on the way back home i walked past a security van & to my disbelief a gaurd walked past me whilst i was waiting to cross the road with about 5 transparent bag's of pound coins & 50's etc the thing is he had to walk from the other side of the road to the shop & it must of been a hundred foot or so, why arnt the bags placed inside some other case to conseal them..? in my eye's this really is asking for trouble walking the street with bags of money..

peter99co 18:32 24 Nov 08

It's only money!

Forum Editor 18:39 24 Nov 08

the guard was taking a calculated risk - he probably couldn't park near the shop, it was a short distance, and no doubt he summed up the situation and made a judgement.

peter99co 18:52 24 Nov 08

A clear bag shows low value coin and may deter a thief from chancing all for little reward.

interzone55 21:14 24 Nov 08

The security boxes are used to transport money from the customer to the bank. Only the receiving bank will have the correct coded key to open the security box without the dye capsule exploding.

Security vans always carry change in clear bags and simply carry them into the shop - although for more than a couple of hundred pounds they would normally have a secure location to unload.

I know this because I used to take delivery of about £5,000 of change every Monday morning...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…