ARGOS have they gone under..?

charmingman 23:38 18 Jun 08

Anyone know whats going on with there website or have they gone under..??

click here

WhiteTruckMan 23:43 18 Jun 08

they are having IT problems. Were it p[lanned maintenance etc they would probably say so, and would have a rough idea when it would be back up.

WTM

Blackhat 23:44 18 Jun 08

Could it relate to this.

click here

Sainsbury's has suspended its online grocery service.

Forum Editor 23:51 18 Jun 08

The commpany produces around 80% of the profit made by the Home Retail Group of which it is part, and easily outperforms other group businesses - like Homebase.

There's possibly a technical glitch - the site is very heavily used, producing about a quarter of all Argos sales.

Forum Editor 23:52 18 Jun 08

The Sainsbury online shopping site suffered a major database glitch, and had to be taken offline for repair.

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:15 19 Jun 08

I can see how conspiracy theories start.

G

birdface 07:42 19 Jun 08

Click here working ok for me.

Legolas 07:50 19 Jun 08

Working OK now.

Stuartli 09:22 19 Jun 08

That made me smile - Argos has just opened a second big branch in my town, which has a population of around 80,000; the original branch is always busy whatever the day of the week.

As the FE points out, it's a very successful business with excellent customer after sales service.

Cymro. 11:02 19 Jun 08

"the FE points out, it's a very successful business with excellent customer after sales service".

I have used them several times over the years and always found their policy on returning good back to the shop to be very good. I never had any problem with them and they always accepted returned goods without any questions asked.

birdface 11:20 19 Jun 08

Mind you if you look at the sale items.It says looking for a good deal for Xmas.So looks like they will be here for a while yet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…