argos

conrail 10:43 AM 28 Jan 13

Has anyone else noticed that no matter what you want from Argos, whether instore or online, everything has the following note:

Please note that this product is excluded from our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.

Is anything covered by their 30 day money back guarantee?

fourm member 10:55 AM 28 Jan 13

The first product I looked at seemed to have the 30-day return. Their T & Cs explain why some products are excluded.

lotvic 11:03 AM 28 Jan 13

No I haven't noticed that, and on looking at catalogue I can't see the symbol next to everything or the words that it's excluded. Items that are in sets have a symbol that means the whole set must be returned under the 30 day guarantee. (keys to symbols are listed at the bottom of pages)

Pine Man 11:48 AM 28 Jan 13

I have bought several items over the last month and never seen anything like that.

Quickbeam 12:06 PM 28 Jan 13

I though this was going to be a warning to cash in any Argos vouchers asap.

conrail 12:58 PM 28 Jan 13

Hi guys, bought a few things as Christmas gifts from Argos online recently and looking at birthday presents and everything I have looked at shows the same message, also bought myself a pc monitor from Argos in store and assistant told me the same thing, it must just be the things I look at, although I must say when things have failed Argos has changed them without a problem, even one item that was 3 days before the warranty expired, a tomtom unit, that crashed when I tried to update it, Argos just changed it straight away

lotvic 14:04 PM 28 Jan 13

Ah, but you weren't asking for your money back for the tomtom, you wanted a replacement. As you said though, it must be the items you are looking at that just happen to be excluded from the 30 day money back.

oresome 15:21 PM 28 Jan 13

Certainly a lot of the things I look at are excluded. I don't know if this was always the case, or if they have tightened the rules.

The unscrupulous may 'buy' an expensive camera for wedding photos and then take it back after the wedding for example and the product will be difficult to resell, so you can understand their stance.

On the otherhand, it's not easy to inspect goods prior to purchase which is why they offered the 30 day guarantee to overcome that barrier to purchasing from them.

I purchased a lawnmower from them with a 2 year guarantee, but they weren't interested when it failed after year 1, but other items have been readily replaced within a year.

alanrwood 15:53 PM 28 Jan 13

The reason is quite simple. I used to supply Argos with TVs video recorders and such like. What some people would do before the world cup for example would buy a TV/Recorder, use it for the duration of the World cup and then take it back for a refund. Hardly honest but some people do things like that.

We uised to get the product returned to us by Argos and had to refund their full buying price. We then were left with a used item which was not faulty but could not then be sold as new.

woodchip 18:02 PM 28 Jan 13

Just bought a Dreamland Over blanket I said to woman back of counter after showing her it, that it does not comply with Consumer Act, and would not have any problem getting my money back if I wanted to

alanrwood 18:09 PM 28 Jan 13

On what grounds would you get your money back. You only have the right to a refund if the item is faulty and then only for a short period after which the refund can be on a pro-rata basis to take account of the use it has had. The only exception is if the store advertise that refunds would be given for a set period and then that is at the discretion of the shop.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay