Are you at work right now?

Cymro. 11:09 29 Jun 07

I tried to get this in on the back of another thread the other day, but no one took the bait.

How many of you are willing to admit that you use the company computer and time to post on this forum?

Do you consider doing so to be just another perk of the job?

It is no skin of my nose so I don`t mind if you do or not. But how many of you are willing to

admit doing so? Do some people only post on the forum between 9am and 5pm but never at weekends.

FreeCell 11:16 29 Jun 07

No

Cymro. 11:20 29 Jun 07

Does that mean no you are not at work or no you don`t use your firms computer?

Colin 11:26 29 Jun 07

I'm not at work today, but my employer allows up to an hour of personal browsing per day in 5 minute sections. There used to be no restriction, just common sense, but of course, some people always spoil it for the many, and the restriction was introduced. To be honest, if no personal browsing was allowed, I would be OK with it. Why should your employer allow it? It's the same as personal phone calls. There may be no cost to browsing as there are for phone calls, but you are still using your company's time.

dan* 11:34 29 Jun 07

Not at work.

spuds 11:39 29 Jun 07

"There may be no cost to browsing", but who pays the ISP and electric bills, plus working time wasting?.

Colin 12:07 29 Jun 07

spuds, the ISP and the electricity bill will be the same if you browsed or not and I mentioned the cost of the working time. Please read the post in full before replying.

Legolas 12:26 29 Jun 07

Yes I am at work but on my lunch break (12-1). Don’t think I’ve ever posted when I should be working. I am just so conscientious (sigh)

Quickbeam 12:32 29 Jun 07

An hour a day is quite a lot of non productive time that is being paid for somewhere down the line... 'you get nothing for nothing'. I'm surprised that no-one has done an old style 'time & motion' (when did you last here that phrase?) study.

I can't think of anywhere I've worked, or managed, that would allow such a generous use of company resources.

Quickbeam 12:36 29 Jun 07

I can't look while at work, I drive for a living now.

I don't think the police would appreciate doing that at the wheel... but I would think there are some that do... I've seen people with laptop documents open in traffic jams!

Shortstop 12:36 29 Jun 07

if that is what you are looking for Cymro.

Yes I'm at work but no, I am not on my company's PC [although I have done so when I am in the office - I work from home].

My employer monitors my web access routinely & I have agreed to this. I use their broadband connection to access the web on my own PC via a Router. We have a smart-filter operating, but PCA is not one of the blocked sites.

As far as they [and I] am concerned, I complete my workload in a satisfactory manner even to the extent that I have been given more & more demanding accounts to deal with. I am now dealing solely with our 'worse' account that required 3 people to run in a manner that was acceptable to my employer. Now doing this alone and from home, they won an award last year as our Most Important Customer - so I guess that I must be doing something right :o)

My employer is aware that I go on this site & have no issues with that at all as long as I do my job in an acceptable manner. I actually use this site to 'wind down' from the day-to-day problems I face with/on behalf of my customer, so it is medicinal :o) If I were looking at PRON to quote Gandalph that is another issue altogether and a dismissable offence, quite rightly!

BR

Paul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017