Are you for Wimbledon or Crufts?

TonyV 19:15 02 Jul 07

It is that time of the year again and Wimbledon is in full swing, weather permitting, but, do you get a wee bit frustrated/annoyed with the yelling, shouting and barking that is more akin to Crufts than Wimbledon that is carried out by a minority of so called stars? The Williams sisters and Sharapova are unbelievable, so much so that I will no longer watch their antics and bellowing forth. There was even one woman playing the other day, from one of the Eastern European countries, who was barking well before she was even hitting a ball!!

I suggest it is time the umpires penalise the culprits, male or female, by giving points to the opponents of such barkers!

TonyV

Forum Editor 19:23 02 Jul 07

can bellow in my court any time she likes.

anskyber 19:29 02 Jul 07

Maria, I first heard the name Maria.... oops, well yes, she does shout a bit but I can forgive her.

wiz-king 19:35 02 Jul 07

I prefer Crufts any day. The bitches are better trained.
*grin*

postie24 19:40 02 Jul 07

Hope Mrs FE isnt reading this thread :))

Forum Editor 19:40 02 Jul 07

(said he, the one who lowered the tone in the first place), I agree with you. I don't see golfers letting loose with massive grunts, each time they hit a drive, and they must release just as much energy as a tennis player on a back-hand cross-court whatsit.

Chrissie Evert wouldn't have dreamed of doing it.

Forum Editor 19:42 02 Jul 07

She says she has better things to do - like catching up with last week's ER.

anskyber 19:42 02 Jul 07

Up to your last sentence you were doing well to bring things back on track.....but, you slipped again, didn't you?

TonyV 19:46 02 Jul 07

My feeling is that if they expended their energy in to their shots rather than bellowing like a rampant bull, they would be able to hit the ball a goodly bit harder and thus make the games somewhat quicker to come to an end by winning games easier.

TonyV

Bingalau 19:46 02 Jul 07

I remember thinking it should be nipped in the bud when it first started a few years ago. Can't for the life of me remember which young lady started it though. It wasn't Gorgeous Gussie was it? Nah! It must have been Billie Jean.

TonyV 19:48 02 Jul 07

Probably Monica Seles. She was one who was certainly warned about it by umpires.

TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…