Are you in the T.A.

Ho-Lin-Sok 11:25 06 Feb 07

If so and you drive for a living and your vehicle is fitted with a Tachograph, then being a member of the T.A. will be considered as impinging on your rest time. Another edict from Brussels, hopefully there will be a way round this as it may mean some people will have to choose between their job and the T.A.

Totally-braindead 11:34 06 Feb 07

Do you have a link to the story?

Ho-Lin-Sok 11:36 06 Feb 07

It was in The "Kent on Sunday", free newpaper. I will look on site and see if it is available.

spuds 11:37 06 Feb 07

This doesn't just apply to members of the T.A. It covers other drivers in a similar position as well.

Totally-braindead 11:38 06 Feb 07

I would be interested to read the article if anyone can find it as a few of my mates are in the TA.

Ho-Lin-Sok 11:39 06 Feb 07
  johndrew 11:48 06 Feb 07

Looks as if HMG are backing themselves into a corner. They appear to admire and adopt everything that comes out of Brussels but rely on the TA to fight in the wars they start.

Could this mean we leave Iraq and similar sooner rather than later or the UK armed forces will suddenly be undermanned by even larger numbers or perhaps the TA, and others, will become a Pioneer Corp.

Yet another fine mess!!!???

Totally-braindead 11:55 06 Feb 07

Thank you for that link. Its very interesting I think I'd better make sure anyone I know in the TA knows about this in case it affects them.
Brussels have a lot to answer for and this is not the first time they have stuck their nose in without any thought in their part.
I notice the MOD say they've known about this for months and have been working on it - whatever that means.
I'm sure other countries will be in the same boat and will not be pleased.
I cannot but wonder what pearls of wisdom they will come out with next.

Zero G 13:06 06 Feb 07

Some Military Vehicles are NOT fitted with Tacho's.
Others are, it does however depend on your units location & needs and operational committments.

Arthur Scrimshaw 13:48 06 Feb 07

I think you need to re-read the original post.

Quickbeam 14:16 06 Feb 07

This is not new legislation.

I spent 20 years in road transport & in all that time any work, done anywhere, in the working week, must be taken into account when calculating drivers statutory weekly rest requirements.

Being as road transport is a long hours vocation, it is fairly safe to say that, no full time HGV driver has time to legally do any other work, not even weekly washes that many transport managers insist be done over the weekend.

fourm member... your dead right, but this sort of thing does happen. Worst offenders... owner operators doing their own maintenance on the sixth day of a week.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…