Are you a sesquipedalian?

Forum Editor 23:18 PM 22 Apr 12

Well, are you - are you someone who is inordinately infatuated with polysyllabic obfuscation?

Perhaps not, but if you're young do you accept the view of this man who thinks that "younger people are coming to rely on search engines to do their thinking for them. The end result of this will be a standardisation of understanding itself, as people become unable to think outside of the box-shaped screen."?

Mr Mistoffelees 00:02 AM 23 Apr 12

I wouldn't claim to be a sesquipedalian, however, I have, whilst at work, been accused of "using a lot of long words"! I should point out that I was working in Hartcliffe, in south Bristol, at the time. Not an area noted for great academic accomplishment.

WhiteTruckMan 00:28 AM 23 Apr 12

Words fall in and out of fashion and usage all the time, and a stubborn insistance of using outdated and/or obsolete words in a non technical enviroment defeats the very object of language, which is the communication of ideas and information.

Condom 01:19 AM 23 Apr 12

Sounds like someone is overwhelmed by the exhuberance of their own verbosity.

lotvic 03:23 AM 23 Apr 12
  1. No

2. N/A

mafiosi 05:15 AM 23 Apr 12

I'm taking something for it.

wiz-king 06:34 AM 23 Apr 12

That's a negative in the current situation.

Quickbeam 08:00 AM 23 Apr 12

I'll get back to you when I've Goggled it.

WhiteTruckMan 08:24 AM 23 Apr 12

I'll get back to you when I've Goggled it

Beer goggles, presumably :)

Bingalau 08:45 AM 23 Apr 12

No, I am a staunch Evertonian!

Quickbeam 08:58 AM 23 Apr 12

I blame the spell checker, I've now put Googled in the dictionary!

But beer goggles may well be the order of the day at the cricket club bash tonight:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X