Are you ready for it ?

ZnO 09:34 08 May 05
  GANDALF <|:-)> 09:49 08 May 05

Will it enhance the printing of the village fete posters?....I think I might be able to wait.

G

powerless 11:08 08 May 05

Actually yes it might...

There is new thing that's set to rival Adobes PDF.............miraciously named METRO.

Printers [yup] will have to support METRO so that what you see on your screen is exactly what will be printed, colour for colour.

yabba, yabba, yabba.

ZnO 11:32 08 May 05

The video is quite interesting sir Bill seems to think its going to be the best thing since sliced bread.

CurlyWhirly 12:58 08 May 05

[QUOTE] sir Bill seems to think its going to be the best thing since sliced bread.[/QUOTE]

Well I for one can't wait for it to be released but I will wait for around a year before upgrading so that most of the 'teething problems' can be fixed first!

wiz-king 13:00 08 May 05

I'm with GANDALF, with the type of use that I make if my computer a 486 and win98 is quite fast enough. I can see why some people will want to change but I dont have a use for such a thing and at such a cost.

ZnO 13:25 08 May 05

I know don't you just hate it when you cut unsliced thin at the top thick that the bottom , but on a serious note looking forward to 64 bit computing looks brill !

spuds 13:33 08 May 05

It's all getting to technical for me. New software every couple of months to supercede the previous 'must buy, must have'package. All these bits, bytes and terminologies.Bill Gates getting richer by the second. ISP's offering me ultra speed connections. Customer services, very good, mediocre or could not care less.

Think that I will find that little island with the coconut palm, and let my hair and beard grow ;o)

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:49 08 May 05

It is always good to have progress but I will bet that the majority of home users would only need W98 ;-)))

G

wiz-king 16:59 08 May 05

Hair growing? Past that stage, way way past, mine seems to be disapearing, the beard is getting grey - wife said gone! - even the desert island only brings thoughts of sand in the sarnies. Must be me age. When you find that island i bet they wont let you have broadband cos its more the 5km from the exchange.

Indigo 1 18:17 08 May 05

I agree with GANDALF <|:-)> when he says that most home users would really only have a need for W98.

But I bet they will be first in the queue for Longhorn 64Bit and Dual processors on BTX format and that is what keeps the industry going. It seems to be a race to have the biggest fastest machines first yet they sit idle for most of the time gathering dust in a corner.

I often wonder what I used to do before I got a PC, cos it seems to fill up a lot of my time and I continually find new uses for it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…