Are you out there, FE?

WhiteTruckMan 21:41 25 Aug 08

Sorry to use the forum like this, but I've tried contacting you twice with different ways about a thread movement. One was bounced back with

"Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why
each recipient was rejected.

Recipient: [email protected]>
Reason: No such user - psmtp"

This was when I tried replying to the email you sent me.

When I found the moved thread, I tried again by clicking the contact forum editor link at the top of the page, and got this:

"This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

[email protected]"

)although that address doesnt seem right, and it apparently came from the address [email protected]

Is something amiss, either at your end or mine?

WTM

Forum Editor 23:42 25 Aug 08
  WhiteTruckMan 00:22 26 Aug 08

The above details were copied and pasted from the respective emails, and they were sent-i.e. addressed- by cicking on links, so no typos in the addresses happened here.

Just one of those things, I suppose.

WTM

Forum Editor 07:03 26 Aug 08

I've just checked the forum links, and they are all sending to the correct address, so it's one of those mysteries. The letter 'o' is next to 'i' on the keyboard, and a typo is the obvious thought. You used links though, so we can rule that out.

One of life's mysteries, hopefully resolved now.

charmingman 07:39 26 Aug 08

FE i DID email you yesterday did you recive it cuase ive had no reply..??
thankx
CM

spuds 12:37 26 Aug 08

One thing that I did notice twice over the past 3 days (Friday & Sunday), was on initial click on the login tab, I was directed to an error page, with a message to inform the webmaster. Returned back to the main page, clocked on login, and all seemed well.

Perhaps nothing, but thought worthy of a mention, if gremlins are possibly in the works!.

Forum Editor 16:12 26 Aug 08

Yesterday was a bank holiday, my wife was ill, and I was packing for a business trip. In between all that, it was our son's birthday, and we fitted in a family dinner at a restaurant.

I've responded to your mail now.

Sapins 16:23 26 Aug 08

A slack day then?

Sapins 16:25 26 Aug 08

How does it post before I'm ready? Just meant to add I hope your wife is getting better.

Forum Editor 16:33 26 Aug 08

Thank you for asking - she'll be fine, I'm sure, provided she takes her medicine.

laurie53 20:32 26 Aug 08

Fe - the business trip is allowable, but the rest of it is your private life and should not interfere with your running of this forum!

Best wishes to your wife by the way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…