Are you having a street party to congratulate the Royal couple?

Forum Editor 10:38 AM 04 Dec 12

I saw a newspaper article that described the news as introducing a shaft of light as the year's golden glow was fading.

I'm sure that - like me - you're all too excited to think straight at the moment.

onthelimit1 10:40 AM 04 Dec 12

Street party? No point - everyone would throw up to keep Katherine company!

rdave13 10:51 AM 04 Dec 12

It's simply amazing news. A women gets pregnant. Well-I-never....

Nontek 11:11 AM 04 Dec 12

Sorry, but Ha Ha Ha LoL ....

Quickbeam 11:22 AM 04 Dec 12

Err, nope, and whats with the FE showing cynicism in public?

Quickbeam 11:59 AM 04 Dec 12

The full 9 month term for a ban will be needed on this one, there won't be a day now without the papers finding two or three pages to pad the rags out!

Bing.alau 12:10 PM 04 Dec 12

I was wondering why she is in hospital for this complaint? I thought maybe she had caught this vomiting bug which is supposed to be prevalent at the moment. It seems it is highly contagious and we are advised not to go to hospital so it can't be that, can it? So it must be normal "morning sickness" which no doubt everybody's wife has been through. I've never heard of anyone going to hospital with it though. No doubt some of the ladies on the forum will tell me otherwise. Looking at her, there seems nothing wrong that a good bowl of Scouse wouldn't cure.

Bing.alau 12:12 PM 04 Dec 12

I must add that it does seem a good reason/excuse for a street party. Can we come to yours FE? I'll bring a bottle of Pussers.

Woolwell 12:15 PM 04 Dec 12

Bing.alau - It's not normal morning sickness but what she has can be serious.

Back to the thread - there's far too much hype about this.

Forum Editor 13:28 PM 04 Dec 12

Kate is suffering from Hyperemesis gravidarum, which is a rare and potentially dangerous form of the 'morning sickness' that women often experience in the early months of a pregnancy.

The dangers are dehydration, nutritional deficiencies, and weight loss - sufferers commonly lose 10% of their body weight. A trip to hospital is a normal procedure - the condition can be very dangerous if not treated promptly.

Kate must be feeling dreadful, and my cynicism wasn't directed at her - she seems to be a nice enough person, and your first child is always a big thrill. I just can't bear the way the media go into hyper-drive within hours of these announcements.

SimpleSimon1 13:50 PM 04 Dec 12

I'm sure that - like me - you're all too excited to think straight at the moment.

Oh god, that means that reporters are all going to be roaming round the village again trying to find 'real country yokels' to say how wonderful it is that their betters have done their duty and secured the succession. No doubt they'd also like a photo of us tugging our forelocks, as well....sigh, it's going to be the wedding all over again. Still the new landlord at The Bladebone will be happy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

ZAK releases more videos showing what happens if you ask other professions to work for free

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know