Are you ever confused which way is Mecca?

Algerian peter ™ 15:16 PM 13 Oct 12

Then just get out your bank card. Oh it's that way

Bing.alau 15:49 PM 13 Oct 12

I agree with the first paragraph, lending money at high interest rates should be a criminal offence. some of these loan companies on TV are to me preying on the already hard up section of the population.

proudfoot 16:21 PM 13 Oct 12

I haven't been to a Mecca Ballroom for years, are they still in existence? They were a fantastic place to meet girls in the 60s.

proudfoot 16:21 PM 13 Oct 12

I haven't been to a Mecca Ballroom for years, are they still in existence? They were a fantastic place to meet girls in the 60s.

Brumas 17:35 PM 13 Oct 12

romanby1 "They were a fantastic place to meet girls in the 60s." Echo that ;o}}

Woolwell 18:07 PM 13 Oct 12

Haven't they all been converted to bingo halls now?

morddwyd 19:55 PM 13 Oct 12

" lending money at high interest rates should be a criminal offence."

Depends on what you define as "high". One person's high is another person's competitive.

Spain is currently borrowing at a prohibitive 7.6&+, very high compared with some other countries.

Make it illegal and where are they going to go?

Make it illegal for the domestic consumer and we know where they are going to go, straight into the clutches of the already illegal, unregulated, loan sharks.

Quickbeam 22:28 PM 13 Oct 12

A borrowing rat of a prohibitive 7.6% is positively low compared to a borrowing rate of 4,200%!

morddwyd 07:12 AM 14 Oct 12

Exactly.

It depends on who is defining "high"!

morddwyd 07:18 AM 14 Oct 12

4,200 % is also positively low compared with 719,000%.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-12991640

SimpleSimon1 11:36 AM 14 Oct 12

Well, it makes a change from a free pen! Besides which, it's actually not a bad idea - every Muslim I know carries a small compass so that they can orientate on Mecca when they're travelling and need to pray. If they also carry a cc, it would save them having to rummage around for the compass each time, as they have to do now

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…