Are you a Cat or Dog lover?

Zero G 17:27 16 Jan 07

My parents are cat lovers and they have always had cats. One lasted for 21 years and the current two are nearly 20 and the other one 13.

Both healthy, sleep 20+ hours a day, get fed on demand & when my parents go on holiday i house sit, so the cats dont get stressed out!

Oh and both take the best chairs to sleep in, only a fool tries to sit in their chairs!!!!!

wee eddie 17:39 16 Jan 07

Only one really bad habit.

He sleeps at the end of the bed and about 5 each morning, trots up to the head end and taps me on the nose till I wake-up. I think that he wants a game so I play with him for a while and then he settles down and goes back to sleep.

I, of course, am now wide awake and then take a good half hour to get back to sleep.

Woolwell 17:40 16 Jan 07

Dog lover - have 2 8 year old labrador/springer crosses. Before that 2 rescue dogs - both crosses (one more crossed than the other - one mainly labrador) and before that a basset.
For dog lovers:
click here
For cat lovers:
click here

Kate B 17:47 16 Jan 07

Cats - I grew up with cats and now have a fabulous nearly-17-year-old mog who is still interactive, purry, engaged and engaging, plump and happy. She's fantastic.

wee eddie, if you can possibly ignore the kitten, he will eventually stop doing that. He's doing it to get your attention - and he's winning. Cats usually do win, mind you.

Bob The Nob© 18:01 16 Jan 07

Dogs, personally, they give affection more often/better

namtas 18:03 16 Jan 07

Yes but only when they are kept in their place, looked after and managed. I can not understand quite normal people who suddenly seem to take on a new dimension and seem to loose all sense of reality by treating dogs and cats as if they were children, people who let cats and dogs sleep in their beds, people who let dogs and cats lick their faces, people who let animals have the scraps of dinner from the family plates, I can not stand cats who are allowed to walk on dining tables and work prep surfaces. I can not stand when I put my hands in cat excrement in the garden and I can not stand people who allow dogs to crap in my lane and leave it to for visitors by to carry into my house. Apart from that, no, I don't dislike animals.

Stuartli 18:07 16 Jan 07

We've always had cats and dogs - in fact my younger offspring says that when he is reincarnated he wants to come back as a cat and live in the same luxury as his own pet...:-)

ulrich 18:12 16 Jan 07

For me, unfortunately not in a position to have another one at the moment. My last one was 16yrs old. If the right one appeared well I would have it.

Bingalau 18:13 16 Jan 07

namtas. I agree with you wholeheartedly, no way would I deliberately harm an animal. But I wouldn't keep one as a pet. Animals are wild creatures and it is only last week we were talking about their unpredictability. Like you I don't see the attraction in letting a cat kiss a child's face. What was it kissing just prior to that? Dogs are even worse, they go round sniffing each other's nether regions. Some people are dirtier than animals I know, but you can keep away from them or change their habits. I don't think you can stop a dog sniffing. ..Bingalau..

Kate B 18:14 16 Jan 07

namtas, you've obviously never had a cat *chuckle* They don't do being "kept in their place". Dogs, yes, but not cats.

wolfie3000 18:22 16 Jan 07

Definate cat lover,

Have 3 now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…