are we going back to the cold war days

timsmith259 01:25 26 Aug 10
  wiz-king 06:23 26 Aug 10

No - we have never left them. Just less publicity.

morddwyd 08:20 26 Aug 10

This is entirely speculation.

However, even if proved factual, this sort of thing was going on centuries before the Cold War and will continue long after.

While we still have subsea weapons permanently deployed, we don't have them permanently in the air any more, or multiple warheads targeted on every major city in the northern hemisphere and beyond, thank God.

Quickbeam 08:48 26 Aug 10

You need sock puppets to entertain yourself in the shelter waiting for the radiation to drop.

BT 08:50 26 Aug 10

Hear Hear!

He won't understand that, after all by his own admission he's not very intelligent
click here

Quickbeam 08:52 26 Aug 10

They'll also have to remove all the public signposts to all the secret bunkers.

click here To find your nearest secret bunker before the net gets censored:)

johndrew 09:54 26 Aug 10

"are we going back to the cold war days"

I thought it had been decided we were going for global warming. ;-)

QuizMan 10:02 26 Aug 10

Thanks for the link. Mine is only a mile away, but, judging by the photos, I may need to take take some paint a paintbrush with me plus hammer and nails.

QuizMan 10:03 26 Aug 10

Sorry about typos, but you know what I mean

Quickbeam 10:09 26 Aug 10

Well, if you're fit you can run the mile there in a minute, if you're not, don't bother... it's too late!

Quickbeam 10:11 26 Aug 10

... I should have said 4 minutes, that just fits in nicely with the 4 minute warning:(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…