Are we all in this together?

Spark6 23:15 06 Oct 09

I would dearly like to think so. Our down to earth, realistic chancellor in waiting, has declared so.
Your thoughts on whether this is intended as a levelling up or down. No one doubts that our economy is in a mess but is George, with all his experience, the man to demand this sort of sacrifice please.

peter99co 23:20 06 Oct 09

Do you think Darling could do better?

I do not think George has cooked up the plan without some good advice from others in the party.

I think the one man band economics of Labour has hit the buffers.

Forum Editor 23:24 06 Oct 09

although some of us are probably 'in' it more than others. As individuals we can take the view that it's our personal economic battle, and to hell with the rest of the country or we can decide that it's a shared problem, and we should share the burden of responsibility.

It's a fact that whatever the colour of the government we shall face the same hurdles, and broadly speaking there will be only one road to salvation - belts will have to be tightened, and sacrifices made. You might almost sweep party politics to one side, and realise that we're faced with a situation from which we must extricate ourselves by hard work and forward thinking. It's no earthly good sitting around pointing fingers and apportioning blame - we need action, rather than words.

Spark6 23:27 06 Oct 09

As you are the first to bite I'll leave the stage to others!

OTT_Buzzard 23:39 06 Oct 09

People will vote for the party that they think will harm them least.

TopCat® 15:43 07 Oct 09

of us and we'll have to decide which party has the better ideas and proposals to get this country back on its feet. We have a long, troubled road to travel which will not be easy or quick, so it is enormously important that the right party gets in.

When election day does arrive it's also important that apathetic people get off their backsides and get out and vote. Leaving it up to others could see them disappointed at the result. TC.

interzone55 17:19 07 Oct 09

I trust Gideon Osbourne to help the working man as much as I trust any other Eton educated person...

Forum Editor 17:32 07 Oct 09

So, no bigotry from you, then?

woodchip 20:12 07 Oct 09

I would not give any of them a Ice cream. for every problem solved they get four more to replace it, things can only get worse. Pessimist YES and there is a Saying that its always gets Darker before it gets Lighter. Problem with men is they cannot see each other. Looking to imperfect men to sort the problems facing mankind is just wishful thinking. The sign of Banking Problems As been there long enough for them to have taken action, just like the Environment or Smoking. Self denial does not fix Problems. Its just like the Ostrich that buries its head in the sand

interzone55 21:20 07 Oct 09

Just like there's no bigotry from the Bullingdon Club and it's members...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…