Are too many forum members just plain lazy.

Kevscar1 15:55 07 Jun 09

Yes I have asked questions on here myself but only after having used my search engine and gone through it's results.

There seem to be more and more people who want everything done for them. So many times I come across questions which when I copy and paste into the search engine there are hundreds of pages giving the simple replies to their query.

Spark6 16:02 07 Jun 09

But what would the forums do without them? Take up knitting?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:11 07 Jun 09

I think people in general are getting lazier, they seem to need leading by hand to do anything.

I can only assume that schools no longer teach people to think for themselves.

:0)

Picklefactory 17:10 07 Jun 09

Think I might post a new thread to help me think of a response to this one ;o)

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:16 07 Jun 09

click here this is a good site to direct them to and a bit of a wry laugh as well. You have to type the question first and then copy the link.

G

user8 17:31 07 Jun 09

Some people want a quick fix of a problem.
They may post on many forums so as to get the problem sorted quicker!
That's life;-)

BT 17:32 07 Jun 09
  Armchair 17:34 07 Jun 09

I'll just Google that for you, shall I?

norman47 17:43 07 Jun 09

We all know to whom Kevscar is refering. Shall they be limited to one question a day/week?
Some forums would be cock-a-hoop to get a question a day :D

and the answer to the question is a yes from me.

DieSse 17:49 07 Jun 09

I run a computer club - I also get the same questions time after time. I also occasionally get a question I can't answer.

I usually say - "Lets google for that." 9 times out of 10, using very simply and obvious phrasing of the question, the answer pops up in the first few hits. Only once in a blue moon does it need serious research.

So - is it laziness - well partly yes, but partly an inability to think for oneself IMHO.

canarieslover 18:04 07 Jun 09

It's not just the easy to Google questions that get to me. It's the fact that solutions are often not acknowledged or ticked as resolved so there is no feedback that could assist others.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…