Anything interesting in Hartlepool?

WhiteTruckMan 20:37 19 Aug 07

I've just managed to blag online a very cheap week in a caravan park near hartlepool next week. Can anyone recommend from personal experience preferably, anything interesting in the area?

I seriously doubt Mrs WTM would be impressed with a personally conducted tour of industrial-estates-I-have-delivered-to, so what have you got?

I'm off tomorrow at about 10am so thats when I will be ticking this thread, come what may (if I remember)

WTM

SANTOS7 21:11 19 Aug 07

click here

good day out, went a few years ago, called on way home from friends who live in Washington T and W..

ray7 21:24 19 Aug 07

Not sure about Hartlepool but spend a day or two a few miles up the road and savour the sites of Durham/Northumberland..fantastic countryside and beaches.

Whichever, have a great week

citadel 21:28 19 Aug 07

don't mention the monkey.

Kate B 21:30 19 Aug 07

That coastline is fantastic - you could go up to Alnwick and Holy Island, or down to Scarborough and Whitby. The North York Moors are very lovely, too.

anskyber 21:52 19 Aug 07

I worked in Hartlepool for 11 years and it is a town with a proud tradition based on heavy industry notably the now gone steelworks.

I'm sure you have looked at this click here and in addition to the town itself there are some great places to visit if you are happy to travel for half an hour or so.

Beamish Outdoor Museum is worth a trip and as KateB has said much more beyond there. Up the road is Durham City and beyond is Newcastle which Mrs WTM may find attractive if she has a credit card to run up.

recap 21:55 19 Aug 07

High Force is worth a day out. Park up at Bowlees and walk up to the waterfall. I have done the walk myself and is a good say out.

click here the walk over the Wynch bridge.

recap 21:57 19 Aug 07

*good day out*

WhiteTruckMan 22:24 19 Aug 07

Apart from the bit about Mrs WTM's credit cards #lol#. But we are planning one day at the metro centre in gateshead for when the weather is nasty. Please keep suggestions coming, thanks.

Curiously though, at the time of this post I only got email notification for the posts of Ray7, KateB and anskyber. The rest have gone missing. Wonder if the system is throwing a tantrum?

WTM

Sapins 22:30 19 Aug 07

No need to mention your relatives;-)

citadel 22:33 19 Aug 07

and yours

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now