Seth Haniel 12:17 08 Feb 09

Aircraft Carrier

click here

Heading our way at full speed -

And we DONT want it

;(

DieSse 12:30 08 Feb 09

"we"

And just who is this "we"? Does it include workers whose jobs may be guaranteed by it?

Did you go to the public inquiry?

Doesn't it seem to you a "good thing" that you have near you a company that is apparently a world leader in disposing of toxic waste safely?

Would you rather the ship sits and rots and pollutes somewhere by default?

Don't you want the local and national economy to benefit from winning work that others can't or won't do?

Are you saying the public enquiry was not democratic and fair?

Quickbeam 12:32 08 Feb 09

It's work, and we have some of the most stringent safety regs in the world... No probs.

WhiteTruckMan 12:34 08 Feb 09

if even the Indians wouldn't take it though.

WTM

Seth Haniel 12:35 08 Feb 09

have it on your doorstep..

Well I'm not

canarieslover 12:35 08 Feb 09

'The Environment Agency says it will ensure the ship is recycled in a safe and environmentally sound manner.' And provide work in this credit crunch. That is enough for me to be not included in the 'we'.

MAJ 12:40 08 Feb 09

How absolutely selfish of you, what about the jobs it will help, what about the extra income to the local community, what about the national wealth, it can only help, what about the pollution this company is saving other parts of the world from enduring.

Oh, and by the way, keep it away from me.

Clapton is God 12:42 08 Feb 09

"Well I'm not"

So, complain to your MP rather than in this Forum

MAJ 12:43 08 Feb 09

'The Environment Agency says it will ensure the ship is recycled in a safe and environmentally sound manner.'

Oh, that's okay then. Phew, I was getting worried there, but the Enviroment Agency says it's okay, so it must be.

DieSse 12:43 08 Feb 09

"Well I'm not"

Well tough luck, you're going to have to live with a public decision you're not in agreement with. Happens all the time all over.

You have the option of not staying there, of course.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 12:50 08 Feb 09

Could it be? Could it really be you?
It's that wink and the look in your eye that makes me think you have just scanned some cats!?
It must be you!
Remember your old pal?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…