Anyone live close to the Thames [flood update]

sunny staines 18:41 23 Jul 07

Here in not so sunny staines the river thames is only up about two foot up, the the flow is very fast, I presume all the locks are open.

wondering how the thames is doing up / down stream. sky news said there is a bubble surge making its way to windsor which may cause flooding.

if you live close to the thames post an update.

Legolas 19:14 23 Jul 07

The news report I heard (6:30 ITV)said the Thames was due to reach its highest level at about 1am tomorrow morning.

sunny staines 19:21 23 Jul 07

legolas

thanks, i live just 100 yds from thames, will pop over and check before going to bed tonight. Did they mention any particular area.

Legolas 19:25 23 Jul 07

I 'think' it was Oxford they were in and the Thames was right up to the level of the banks and flowing very fast.

denali 19:26 23 Jul 07

I live in Kew. The footpath I use along the Thames to walk to Kew Bridge has been impassable for two days.

dfh 19:31 23 Jul 07

Sorry to be the bearing of what could be bad news but according to yahoo news, Staines already has a flood warning see here click here>

sunny staines 20:10 23 Jul 07

dfh

thanks for the link, i will pop out every couple of hours now to check, only problem when at work, as the the wife can't get out [disabled]. luckily only work 7 miles from home.

Never got the E.A. flood alert phone call, may come tomorrow.

Forum Editor 22:48 23 Jul 07

for the Thames from Bell Weir Lock to Shepperton Lock, including Staines, Laleham and Chertsey.

The Met Office has issued a severe weather warning for London and the South East, up to 3:00 a.m. on Tuesday, as follows:-

"Heavy and perhaps thundery outbreaks of rain will spread up from the south giving some torrential downpours. Rainfall totals will reach 25-30mm with isolated totals of 40mm."

Which does not sound like good news to me.

Flak999 23:49 23 Jul 07

I am on duty tomorrow, the whole of the brigade has been put onto maximum readiness for what is expected to be a very challenging day!

Stuartli 00:03 24 Jul 07

It must be gut wrenching to not only suffer your property being flooded, but also to know that it may be six to 12 months or more before getting back to normality.

Yet the Government insists it will still go ahead with plans for building new properties on flood plains - the diabolical trick is to put the emphasis on local councils to get the approval right in such areas.

Kate B 00:53 24 Jul 07

Hope you're OK and that the river stays out of your house.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…