Anyone know about this offer?

Bingalau 12:56 17 May 07

Just recieved this from a friend and thought I would pass it on for the perusal of the experts here. Is it a scam? I've tried phoning the number and got nowhere.

Hi All,
Sony Erricsson is giving away phones for free. Sony Erricsson is trying word-of-mouth advertising to introduce its product and the reward you receive for advertising for them is a free phone free of cost. To receive your free phone all you have to do is to send this email out to 8 people (for a free Sony Erricsson j200i) or 20 people (for a free Sony Erricsson k400i WAP). Within 2 weeks you will receive a free phone.
(They will contact you through your e-mail address).
Please mark a copy to: anna..[email protected]
Nathan McCahon
Events Manager - 2Day FM & Triple M
Regina Gallen
Producer
BBC Radio Ulster
Ormeau Avenue
Belfast
BT2 8HQ
028 90 338 282

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:08 17 May 07

It is obviously a hoax. click here

G

simon_lambert 14:15 17 May 07

What you have here is a classic matrix scheme, or scam as some people like to call them. Usually they will ask you to complete 'offers' with other companies, but there are never enough free gifts to go around.
Check this page out for more info:

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:24 17 May 07

Is is not even a matrix scheme.......click here

G

simon_lambert 14:41 17 May 07

Gandalf is right, its not a matrix scheme, it is just a complete scam. However, in the future, if you see 'Get a free TV/iPod/Laptop' and all you have to do is complete offers and refer friends, that is a matrix scheme. They are a sham, there is an article on the bottom of the link i posted earlier that shows a company making thousands illegally from it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…